As a member of Autodesk's Strategic Foresight team, our team works to consider possible futures for Autodesk customers and our business. With this in mind, our team has a fondness for thinking about potential futures and what steps are necessary to reach preferable futures.
Autodesk University voting is underway. Here are some classes from Autodesk Research that provide insight on potential futures for the industries that Autodesk serves.
To vote for a specific class, you can use the links below to visit the proposal page, log in, and click recommend. Please consider voting for:
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- The Future of AEC is Blockchain
- Illuminating Dark Data – using machine learning to search our drawings
- Get hands-on with your Revit models - collaborative design with Arkio
- Breakthrough in Prefabrication - Design-to-Fabrication-to-Installation
Product Design and Manufacturing
- Fusion 360 for Industrial Robot Arms and Additive Manufacturing
- Autonomous, Walking Vehicles: Exploring the Future with Hyundai Motor Group
- Research Through Fabrication: Evolving the Practice
- Thinking BIG and Printing BIGGER with Fusion 360
- How To Plan For Hybrid Manufacturing Workflows And Reduce Material Waste
- Using Live Machine Data to Streamline Manufacturing Workflows in Fusion 360
- Part repair simplified with Fusion 360 additive toolpaths and Cobots
- Creating Multi Axis Additive Manufacturing Toolpaths with Fusion 360
- Hybrid Manufacture For All: How Emerging Tech Is Reducing Barriers To Entry
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction and Product Design and Manufacturing
- Discussing Approaches to Industrial IoT: Where Research Meets Reality
- Upskill to Backfill: How can industry scale to meet future of work demands
- We know machine learning is good, but can it actually help
- Adventures in Convergence: Sustainable Design, Data & Procedural Effects
Thanks to everyone who will be attending virtual Autodesk University. To vote for additional proposals that match your interests, visit au.autodesk.com.
Autodesk has always been an automation company. Today, more than ever, that means helping our customers automate their design and make processes. We help them embrace the future of making, where they can do more (e.g., quantity, functionality, performance, quality), with less (e.g., energy, raw materials, timeframes, waste of human potential), and realize the opportunity for better (e.g., innovation, user experience, efficiency, sustainability, return on investment). Looking towards the future is part of those efforts.
Pondering potential futures is alive in the lab.