When I started this blog in April 2007, it was about showcasing free technology previews that were available via Autodesk Labs. Hence the name, It's Alive in the Lab. Now it's about showcasing Autodesk technology.
For readers who are strictly business, there are blog categories for:
- Autodesk Gallery - articles about exhibits in the Autodesk Gallery
- Autodesk Research - articles about cutting-edge work being done by Autodesk Research
- Autodesk University - articles about what goes on at Autodesk University
- Blockchain - articles about how blockchain may impact Autodesk customers in the future
- Forge - blog articles about Autodesk Forge itself
- Forge DevCon - blog articles about the Forge Developers conference
- Forge Partners - articles about what Forge customers and partners have done with Forge
- Innovation - articles about innovation at Autodesk
- The Future of Making - articles about how Autodesk customers are doing more and better with less
Despite the true intent of this blog, my favorite blog posts are the weird ones — the ones that show my personality. As I have said for years, a blog post without a picture might as well be a discussion forum post. A blog post without personality might as well be a press release.
So with this in mind, here are my 15 personal favorites from 2018 in most recent to oldest order:
- A Bold Proposal: Solar Plans for My Home Energy in Cypress, Texas
- Buying a Lennar Home Designed with AutoCAD
- Autodesk Foundation Impact Speaker Series: Andrew Schroeder of WeRobotics
- Book Review: The Order of Time by Carlo Rovelli
- Autodesk Gallery at One Market in San Francisco: Elevator overhead traction Exhibit
- How will Generative Design Affect Our View of Design and Learning?
- Scott Sheppard is Too Big for his Britches
- Book Review: The Wild Vine by Todd Kliman
- Book Review: Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
- How Autodesk Gallery Exhibits are Designed and Made
- The World Needs More Stuff, Better Stuff, Made in Better Ways
- Happy Mardi Gras (just for the outfit)
- The Rock Boat XVIII was music to my ears… (part 1 of 3), (part 2 of 3), (part 3 of 3)
- 2017 Update: The Continuing Benefit of the Dollars and Cents of My Home Energy Audit
- Updated: A little more detail behind the Autodesk Forge APIs
Thanks to all the It's Alive in the Lab readers who still make this blog possible even though the posts no longer feature "free" stuff. This is my 3,484th post on this blog. If a tree falls in the woods, but no one hears it, it does not make a sound. Here's looking forward to another year of sound blogging (bad puns and all) in 2019.
Favoritism is alive in the lab.