Project Draco is our free technology preview from Autodesk Research that makes animation as easy as sketching. The easy-to-use interface allows you to add a rich set of subtle, continuous animation effects to your images (e.g., JPGs, PNGs, GIFs) without the complications of timeline and key-framing. Project Draco outputs to video that can be used to create an animated GIF file with tools like Camtasia Studio.
Here are some examples:
The Autodesk Research team is looking for iPad users who want to participate in the project and provide feedback. They deliver the tech preview to you using Apple's TestFlight platform. The team has a limited number of TestFlight slots available, so they are accepting requests for participation.
The team recently supplied an update. Here is what they are look for project participants to test:
- Import to Layer: move, resize and rotate imported image
- Particle: Crop to Boundary option
- Advanced Controls: smoother graph lines, tap outside graph for a constant value, Reset button
- Layers: show/hide (“eye” button in layers palette)
- Doubled the maximum pivot speed
- Bug fixes
Once accepted into the project, you can provide feedback via the project forum or [email protected].
Animation is alive in the lab.