- Dynamo is an open source visual programming platform for designers.
- Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional provides engineers with advanced Building Information Model (BIM)-integrated analysis and design tools to understand the behavior of any structure type and verify code compliance.
- Autodesk React Structures is a new offering being developed for the structural engineer that is fully integrated into the BIM process and the rest of the Autodesk product portfolio. React Structures is being designed to be a powerful yet easy to use structural analysis offering for structural engineers. The application is available today free as a technical preview. A project has been created on Autodesk Labs to collect feedback about the technology.
We have a technology preview that is a combination of Dynamo and Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures on Autodesk Labs.
- I can run an analysis on my generated design.
- I can generate a design for my analysis software.
Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis is our free technology preview that allows designers and engineers to drive Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures from Dynamo. The plug-in helps designers to create parametric and complex structural frames models in Dynamo, submit it to Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures for simulation and review the results returned from the analysis. The technology preview includes an executable and a package.
On Tuesday of last week, I updated the Autodesk Labs project to link to a new build of the plug-in. Software Architect, Emmanuel Weyermann, gave me a write up of what's in the update.
Dynamo updates - Package 0.2.3
Exposed a dedicated node to represent React Structures self-Weight. With this node, it is now possible to retrieve results for this load case in Dynamo Context.
Two examples have been added. The first one shows how to create a simple 2D steel frame, and the second one shows how to create a concrete reservoir.
Improved the analytical nodes merge mechanism. When the distance between two analytical nodes is lower than 2 mm, the nodes are merged and will be represented by a single node in React Structures.
Improved how panels are created when two or more objects are sharing some common edges.
Removed the need for the flatten node between the list of analytical elements and the calculation node. The flatten step is now inside the calculate node.
So what's not to like?
Dynamo is free. There are even some sample files in the technology preview download section to get you started.
The Structural Analysis for Dynamo package is free.
All you need to participate in the technology preview is Robot Structural Analysis 2016. If you don't have this, you have two options:
As such, there's no excuse for not giving this a try. So please try with this technology preview and share your thoughts at [email protected] or in the discussion forum associated with the technology preview.
Dynamic analysis is alive in the lab.