There is a long history of rendering for Autodesk Labs.
- We started with Project Freewheel where we showed that 3D DWF files could be rendered using just the browser.
- We used Project Showroom to simulate how a shopping experience could benefit from on-demand, photo-realistic rendering.
- We graduated showroom to Project Neon where we allowed you to render your own AutoCAD drawings and Revit BIM models.
- We graduated Neon to become the Autodesk cloud rendering service.
Our most recent history includes:
- We used Autodesk Raytracer for 3ds Max as a technology preview where we brought the cloud-rendering capabilities available for AutoCAD and Revit users to the Media & Entertainment world.
- Last week we graduated the Autodesk Raytracer for 3ds Max from Autodesk Labs to a private beta. The team will continue to work with a handful of customers to perfect the technology.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the technology preview. Your experience truly shapes the future of our technology, and this project was no exception.
Advancement is alive in the lab.