Project Arro is our ongoing tech preview program for capabilities under development for SimStudio. The goal is to engage with customers so we can incorporate feedback as the product is developed. The most recent update included the following features:
- A Modal Frequencies type has been added to the available study types
- Assembly support for Topology Optimization studies
- Solid components can be simulated using Midsurface Shell or Offset Shell idealization
- Static Stress and Nonlinear Static Stress studies now support mixed (solid and shell) models
- Intermediate results output for each iteration within Nonlinear Static Stress and Topology Optimization studies are displayed as they become available
- The legend controls allow the user to change the displayed load case for results of Static Stress studies that have multiple load cases
- Default result type displayed has been updated for the following studies
- Radio buttons are always visible for the active Working Model, Study, and Load case in the browser
- Static Stress, Nonlinear Static Stress, and Topology Optimization studies now support Free contact type within the Automatic and Manual contact definition. Note that Solver contacts do not have this option.
- Repeat Play and Loop Play options have been added to the Animate command
See those features I have listed in bold? The team provided some videos that demonstrate those features. I have uploaded them to the Autodesk YouTube channel.
If you would like to request participation in the project:
Video explanations are alive in the lab.