Project Arro is our ongoing tech preview program for capabilities under development for SimStudio. The goal is to engage with customers so we can incorporate feedback as the product is developed. This tech preview installation is independent from the commercially available SimStudio Tools 2016 installation. The two can be installed on the same computer, side-by-side. Participants need an Autodesk ID with Simulation Mechanical Flex, CFD Flex, or Moldflow Flex entitlements to use the tech preview.
The team provided me with an updated build that I placed on the Autodesk Labs site. Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Hugh Henderson, gave me the scoop. Based on technology preview feedback, the changes in the latest build include:
- Prescribed Constraint in Explicit (displacement, velocity, and acceleration)
- Symmetry planes in Topology Optimization
- Option to select which studies to clone when cloning a Working Model
- Hex dominant mesh
- Multiple load case support in static stress studies
- Estimated solve time (Courant stability factor) is available in Solve Details for Explicit studies
- Slice plane enhancements (vector glyph display, volume mesh visibility, etc.)
- Tips and Tricks for Force Load, Manual Contacts and Local Mesh Control
- Reaction Forces
Here's are some new videos that highlight what's in this latest update:
If you would like to request participation:
Feedback-based amelioration is alive in the lab.