Project Arro is our ongoing tech preview program for capabilities under development for SimStudio. It is confidential and invitation-only. The goal is to engage with customers so we can incorporate feedback as the product is developed. This tech preview installation is independent from the commercially available SimStudio Tools 2016 installation. The two can be installed om the same computer, side-by-side. Participants need an Autodesk ID with Simulation Mechanical Flex, CFD Flex, or Moldflow Flex entitlements to use the tech preview.
The current release runs through October 16, 2015. The team provided me with an updated build that I placed on the Autodesk Labs site. Based on technology preview feedback, the changes in the latest build include:
- Ability to use single symmetry plane for Topology optimization
- Interoperability with other Autodesk Simulation products, i.e., Simulation CFD, Simulation Mechanical, and Simulation Moldflow
- New Working Model workspace where you can edit and simplify the model used in simulations without affecting the original/imported CAD model
- Ability to apply and edit automatic contacts created in an Explicit Study
- Various Material Editor enhancements (e.g., in-document material support)
- New and Open document improvements (e.g., ability to open a model directly)
- Default New Study type setting is added to user preferences
- Ability to setup Assembly constraints
If you would like to request participation:
Amelioration is alive in the lab.