MegaBots is on their way to San Francisco to start work on their Humanoid Robot at our CEO Carl Bass’ workshop and our Pier 9 office! In addition, we are working with them to co-sponsor a contest around our own Autodesk A360. We had contestants sign up at Autodesk University and are now officially launching the contest to collect submissions starting this week.
- The contest started February 1 and runs until February 28.
- The judging starts on March 1.
- The winners will be announced on March 7.
- Design a part or mechanical component of a MegaBots humanoid warrior.
- Use A360 to collaborate with your team. Are you using the latest version? Get a free trial at www.autodesk360.com.
- Use any Autodesk software to help you design your robot idea.
- Two winners will be chosen and see their design printed and installed on a smaller scale humanoid robot.
- One winner's' weapon will be built and made working for Makerfaire 2015.
- In addition, winners receive $2500 each.
Check it out:
Robotics is alive in the lab.