With the technology preview of the Augmented Reality for Showcase Plug-in on Autodesk Labs, I have published a few related blog articles:
- Free technology preview of Augmented Reality for Showcase Now Available
- Updated free technology preview of Augmented Reality for Showcase Now Available
- Augmented Reality for Autodesk Showcase: Why Showcase?
- Feedback on Augmented Reality for Showcase
- Autodesk Gallery: Augmented Reality Demo
So I guess I should have not been surprised when I received an email from Augment CEO, Jean-François Chianetta.
At Augment, we are doing an augmented reality app for 3d models visualization. You can check how it looks like here:
Any 3D designer can upload and visualize his own models to the platform. This week we released new versions of our apps on Android and iOs. The new features are:
Augment Business Catalog — all your 3D models offline on your device on Android and iOs.
3ds Max plug-in — export easily to Augment the highest quality model (made by Klaas Nienhuis like the Sketchfab ADN Plugin of the Month).
Trackerless Mode — No need to have a marker to embed a model in the environment.
Custom Tracker — if you want to manipulate a model, you can create a tracker from any magazine or newspaper.
It's a jet model using a newspaper as a tracker.
You can download the app and script from the Augment site.
Augmentation is alive in the lab.