image source: Newsweek
I am thrilled that Newsweek ranked Autodesk as one of the world's greenest companies. For its fourth annual Green Rankings, Newsweek examined the environmental performance of the 500 biggest public companies in America and the 500 biggest in the world.
- Autdoesk is #21 among the top 500 companies in the United States.
- Autodesk is #6 among Information Technology & Services companies.
The Newsweek rankings are based on 3 factors: environmental footprint, management, and disclosure. I guess it should not have been that much of a surprise. For years our CEO, Carl Bass, has said he wants Autodesk to be a good, great, and important company.
- Good in that we are a good corporate citizen. We watch how much we travel, how much energy our computers use, and how we can reduce waste (e.g., compostable corn starch cutlery in our break areas, LEED Platinum facilities).
- Great in the return to our stockholders.
- Important in that the work that our customers do makes a difference in the world.
See the full article for yourself.
Elation is alive in the lab.