I am happy to announce that the Autodesk Labs site is now supported by the same underlying that supports Mosaic at Autodesk.
You may recall Project Mosaic as a technology preview on Autodesk Labs. In addition to the consistency with other communities such as the Manufacturing Community and overall robustness, you will see benefits like being able to log into the Labs community using your social media credentials. As part of the reconstruction, a stronger emphasis has been placed on collecting feedback. Please bear with us and we shake things out in the coming week.
- At initial launch I was working on "Referral Denied" errors when trying to download. This turned out to be a problem in my testing environment.
- If you are having trouble logging in as part of downloading, use the Sign In button in the upper left to log in BEFORE you click on Download Now. This has been reported to our platform vendor. If this happens to you:
- Go to the Autodesk Labs home page.
- Click on Sign In in the upper right.
- Log in with your Autodesk Single Sign-on user name and password.
- You should see a Welcome message at the top of the page.
- Go to the technology preview you wish to download.
- Click on Download Now at the top right.
- My colleague, Ben Cochran, did not see nay image or navigation when using Firefox. I have asked him to clear his browser cache. We believe this one is login-specific and will not affect everyone.
- There is a "Acrobat is already running" error when attempting to view the "How To" and "Read Me" PDF files on the Project Simulus Getting Started page. This has been reported to our vendor. So far this only happens for me on my PC. On my iPad, it works great.
Evolution is alive in the lab.