An updated version of the Google Earth Extension for AutoCAD is now available on Autodesk Labs.
Software Architect, Thomas Inzinga, reports the following improvements in this new version:
- Added support for AutoCAD® Map 3D 2008.
- Added support for map projections when using the extension with AutoCAD® Civil 3D 2008 or AutoCAD® Map 3D 2008.
- Added tool tips for displaying time span data attached to AutoCAD entities.
- AutoCAD® block references are now published without the need to explode them.
- Included a number of minor defect corrections.
Thomas also notes that he will be teaching a class on this labs tool at AU, Publishing DWG Data to Google Earth (GD405-1). So download it now, try it, and tell us what you think: [email protected].
Extending technologies to provide additional capabilities to the geospatial industry is alive in the lab.