Suppose you are working with a 3D model in AutoCAD, Inventor, or Revit and want someone to look at it. Wouldn't it be great if you could click a button, call the person on the phone, and instantly collaborate. The ShareNow Add-in makes that possible. This utility publishes your current design (3D or 2D) from the design application (i.e., AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit) to the Project Freewheel server.
Once published, you can then use Project Freewheel to collaborate using your design. Your teammates need only a browser - no additional software. Here is a typical use case:
- You download the installer ZIP file.
- You unzip it.
- You pick the MSI installer that you want: 32-bit AutoCAD 2008, 64-bit AutoCAD 2008, Inventor 2008, Revit 2008. You run that installer.
- The next time you fire up your application, a ShareNow icon appears in the menu.
- You load a design into the application.
- You click the ShareNow icon.
- The application publishes your design and invokes your browser showing your design in Project Freewheel.
- You use Share->Start to start a real time collaboration sharing session. You pick a name for your session like "Kingham."
- You call your teammate and ask him to go to the Project Freewheel site and join the Kingham session.
- Your teammate sees your design. You pan. He sees it. He zooms. You see it. He adds a markup comment. You see it. (You get the idea.)
Only steps 5 through 10 get repeated for subsequent sharing sessions. Check it out. Please tell us what you think: [email protected].