A few customers have inquired about the serial number (000-00000000) that appears as part of the activation process for the Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview. This is to be expected.
Recall that the download and install process involves 3 steps:
- You fill out a registration form. You specify an email address. The Autodesk Labs server emails you a message entitled Important Inventor LT Information. This message contains your serial number. You cannot activate the technology preview without it. So it is important that you specify your email address correctly. You may also wish to add the autodesk.com domain to your safe senders list to avoid losing the mail to a SPAM filter.
- You download the ailt.zip file. This file can be downloaded traditionally; however, for faster results there is also a link to download it via a download manager. You need permissions to be able to install a small ActiveX Control to be able to use the download manager.
- You unzip ailt.zip making sure to preserve the folder structure. You execute setup.exe and follow the on screen instructions.
So it's as easy as 1-2-3. The activation process has only 2 steps:
- The first time you invoke the Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview, you will need to activate it. When the activation dialog pops up, it is prepopulated with a placeholder 000-00000000 serial number.
- You replace it using the serial number that you received in the email from step 1 of the install.
And there you have it. The Autodesk Inventor LT Technology Preview will then run until May 1, 2008.