- Wood is grown by the sun.
- When a tree dies or is burned, it releases the CO2 it has captured back into the atmosphere. Using wood as a building material preserves what it has captured.
- 1 meter3 of wood captures 1 ton of CO2.
- Enough wood for a 20 story building is grown in the forests of North America every 13 minutes.
- Mass wood panels are constructed by gluing small pieces of wood into pieces that are 8 feet wide by 64 feet long.
- Failure to adopt a replanting plan would result in additional deforestation.
- Trees need to grow for 10, 12, or even 15 years before being harvested.
- People are afraid of wood structures based on an unfounded fear that the resulting buildings are more flammable and susceptible to earthquakes, high winds, and termites.