Project Kameleon is our free technology preview where you can try our new infrastructure model content authoring tools that are compatible with InfraWorks 360 and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- The technology preview includes a stand-alone .exe Parts Editor that enables authoring Inlets, Manholes, and Culverts.
- You can author Inlet Frames, Grates, and Underground Structures as separate part families and combine them to create Inlet Structure Assemblies.
- You can also author Culvert Barrels and End Treatments and combine them to create Culvert Assemblies.
- The part authoring workflow is tightly integrated with InfraWorks 360 and includes the ability to post new part catalogs to InfraWorks models. Catalog conversion enables Inlet and Manhole Structure content to be used in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- A built-in shape library allows you to author parts using an existing set of parametric shapes and supports extending the shape library using a stand-alone .exe Part Shape Modeler to author new Inventor IPT shape files that can be imported by the Parts Editor.
On Monday, I got a new build from the team and posted it to the Autodesk Labs site for download. This build extends the technology preview to February 15, 2017. The build also corrects a defect reported by a project participant where a Party Family Record Data Type was being set to an invalid value. [Boy, I hate when that happens.]
We look forward to your continued feedback on the technology. If you have the previous build already installed, you should Uninstall it. For people who have yet to join, you have plenty of time to work with the technology as the free preview has been extended. Please try it and share your successes/failures/suggestions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to the dedicated forum on the Autodesk Labs project.
Drainage infrastructure is alive in the lab.