Happy Halloween. Here's something that's not scary at all.
- Dynamo is an open source visual programming platform for designers.
- Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional provides engineers with advanced Building Information Model (BIM)-integrated analysis and design tools to understand the behavior of any structure type and verify code compliance.
- Autodesk React Structures is a new offering being developed for the structural engineer that is fully integrated into the BIM process and the rest of the Autodesk product portfolio. React Structures is being designed to be a powerful yet easy to use structural analysis offering for structural engineers. The application is available today free as a technical preview.
We have a technology preview that is a combination of Dynamo and Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures.
- I can run an analysis on my generated design.
- I can generate a design for my analysis software.
Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis / React Structures is our free technology preview that allows designers and engineers to drive Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures from Dynamo. The plug-in helps designers to create parametric and complex structural frames models in Dynamo, submit it to Robot Structural Analysis or React Structures for simulation and review the results returned from the analysis. The technology preview includes an executable and a package.
On Thursday of last week, Software Architect, Emmanuel Weyermann, made a new build (build 0.2.5) available via the Dynamo package loader.
So what's not to like?
Dynamo is free. There are even some sample files in the technology preview download section to get you started.
The Structural Analysis for Dynamo package is free.
All you need to participate in the technology preview is Robot Structural Analysis 2017. If you don't have this, you have two options:
As such, there's no excuse for not giving this a try. So please try with this technology preview and share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the discussion forum associated with the technology preview. The technology preview is in effect through December 31, 2016.
Unlike the walking dead, dynamic analysis is still alive in the lab.