The Moldflow team Provided me with new installers for their technology preview of Project Scandium. I posted them for download and updated the site. Recall that Project Scandium is our technology preview that extends simulation capabilities with new capabilities. Moldflow Insight 2017 users are encouraged to try them out and provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the dedicated forum on the Autodesk Labs project.
The following new features are supported in this update:
- Thermocouple-controlled Cooling
- Total Heat Specified as a Heater Rating
- Auto Sizing for CAD
- Create CAD Bodies for Mold Blocks by Mold Surface Wizard
- Insert Nodes on Beam
- Minimum Number of Beams on Baffles and Bubblers
- Wall Slip
- Fiber Improvements
- Resin Transfer Molding (RTM):
- Metal Injection Molding
- Enhancements on 3D Residual Stress Model
- Improved Automatic Cooling Algorithm for 3D Flow Solver
- Additional Solver API Capabilities for 3D Flow Analyses
- Underflow Diagnostic
- Improvements to Ejection Force Analysis
This update also continues to collect feedback on:
- Retractable Core Pin
This technology preview comes as two installers — one for the user interface and a second for the functionality. Project participants need to run both installers. The technology preview is active until December 28, 2016.
An update is alive in the lab.