Project Arro is an Invitation Only Technology Preview. This is not our normal public technology preview because the simulation team is interested in working exclusively with existing Autodesk Simulation users. Project Arro is designed to enable Autodesk Simulation Mechanical, Autodesk Simulation CFD, and Autodesk Moldflow users to rapidly simplify and prepare CAD for simulation. Project Arro reads in native CAD geometry and neutral files, allows you to modify them with many built in direct modeling tools, and then writes out simulation-ready CAD files that can be more easily and efficiently meshed.
Originally, the project got its name from an acronym:
A = Analyze geometry
R = Repair problems
R = Remove unnecessary features
O = Optimize designs
Now it's really a rolling showcase for SimStudio, so customer feedback can shape its development. It's kind of like a fruit of the month club. Each month the Project Arro team supplies with a new build of SimStudio that I post to the project. The other day the team supplied me with a new build. Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Hugh Henderson, shared what was in the new build. Based on participant feedback so far:
- Thermal stress study type
- Pre-stressed modal analysis
- Bolted connection and rigid body idealizations
- Element deletion in Explicit studies
- Improved default settings for the results workspace in Explicit studies
- Improved preserve region default shape and orientation in topology optimizations
- Topology optimization goals and criteria data are stored in the model file
- Edge selection support for the seed and boundary tool
- Scientific notation values display availability in the results legend
- Study name display in all windows in the compare workspace
- Soft support for localized languages
Thanks, Hugh. Keep those regular builds coming.
If you are an Autodesk Simulation user and wish to join this project, you can request participation.
Keeping regular is alive in the lab.