Navisworks project review software products enable architecture, engineering, and construction professionals to holistically review integrated models and data with stakeholders to gain better control over project outcomes. Project VUE Viewing for Autodesk Navisworks is our free technology preview of a Navisworks file reader that helps users import Intergraph Smart / Intergraph SmartPlant 3D models into Navisworks.
Recently I posted an update (version 18.104.22.168) to the technology preview. Based on feedback received to date, Technical Account Manager, Roger Rapp, shared with me what's in this update.
- Improved support for SAT file models imported to S3D using "Place Imported Shape from File."
- Added some support for DGN file models imported to S3D using “Insert”. Note that reference data via SmartPlant Interop (SPIOP) remains unsupported and unplanned.
- Added support for Obstruction Volumes ‘type’ sub-categories of Insulation Volume, Operation Volume and Maintenance Volume.
- Added support for predefined scene extents. Resolves issue with “objects in outer space” far away from main model content. Any objects outside scene extents are now omitted.
- Improved import progress indicator.
- Resolved geometry Issues with certain 3D arc'd lines, certain missing torus shapes (generally valve hand-wheels), certain partial torus shapes (elbows) causing crash, bowtie effect on certain cylindrical shapes, certain conical shapes, and complex planar shapes causing crash due to large number of points.
- Added handler for erroneous location of certain data in vue file structure causing Navisworks to crash or importing never completes.
- Fixed cancel during import. It now responds however several seconds may pass before it takes effect.
Based on the feedback we get, the team will decide to graduate or retire the technology. So it's all up to you. We look forward to your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the forum on the Autodesk Labs site specific to this project. Tell your friends!
Viewing is alive in the lab.