Project Scandium for Moldflow Insight is our free technology preview that extends simulation capabilities by offering new capabilities that you can try and provide feedback. You can have this technology preview installed next to your commercial products. You will need to use your Autodesk Moldflow Synergy and Insight (solvers) 2016 serial numbers and product keys for the installation, and it will use Moldflow 2016 licenses.
Here are the kinds of things you can try and give a thumbs up or thumbs down to:
- 3D Cool for Gas
- 3D Mesher by Advancing Layers
- 3D Residual Stress
- Advanced Mesh Editing Tools (Offset, Extrude, Plane Cut, Fill Hole, Imprint, etc.)
- Anisotropic Material Properties for Inserts and Cores
- Cooling Analysis for Over-molding Process
- Ejection Force Analysis
- Induction Heating Support for Microcellular Molding
- Mesh Aggregation for Isolating Cause of Warpage
- Mesh Suitability in Mesh Statistics for DD Mesh
- Microcellular Injection Molding Using Chemical Blowing Agent
- New DOE and Parametric Features
- Retractable support pins for cor-shift
- Simulation of Microcellular Core-back Process
- Throughput Result for 3D Flow Solver
- Viscoelastic mechanical properties support of thermoplastic
- Wall slip
On Monday I posted a new build to the project that extends the technology preview to July 31, 2016. Existing users can get the updated build with the new expiration date. New users can get the build and start right now.
We look forward to feedback from both old and new participants in how we can improve our technology to address your business needs. That is, after all, why we conduct technology previews in the first place. Your experience shapes the future of our technology. Without your participation, they are like a tree falling in the forest with no one around.
Time dilation is alive in the lab.