Project Arro is our ongoing tech preview program for capabilities under development for SimStudio. The goal is to engage with customers so we can incorporate feedback as the product is developed. This tech preview installation is independent from the commercially available SimStudio Tools 2016 installation. The two can be installed om the same computer, side-by-side. Participants need an Autodesk ID with Simulation Mechanical Flex, CFD Flex, or Moldflow Flex entitlements to use the tech preview.
The team provided me with an updated build that I placed on the Autodesk Labs site. Based on technology preview feedback, the changes in the latest build include:
- The Working Model workspace has been combined with Edit Model.
- Working models can be copied.
- Solver Contacts have been added.
- Data check for Explicit study is now possible.
- NAS file export completion provides notification.
- Force load Normal direction acts normal to all points on a face.
- Solver warnings appear in the Solve Details and Solve Log windows.
- Benign mesh warnings are no longer displayed in the Solve Details window.
- Licensing model supports stand-alone and network license checks for 2016 Simulation products.
If you would like to request participation:
The simulation game is alive in the lab.