Robot Structural Analysis Professional software provides engineers with advanced BIM-integrated analysis and design tools to understand the behavior of any structure type and verify code compliance. Advance Steel detailing software helps accelerate design, steel detailing, steel fabrication, and steel construction — built on the familiar AutoCAD platform.
Robot-AdvanceSteel Link was our free technology preview that lets you exchange data between Advance Steel 2016 and Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2016 through a complete set of functionalities like import, export, and synchronize.
- Models created in Robot Structural Analysis Professional, exported in .smlx format, and then imported into Advance Steel to continue the workflow with structure detailing capabilities and creation of the fabrication documents.
- Alternatively, you can start in Advance Steel, export, and then import into Robot Structural Analysis Professional to perform structural analysis and code checking.
- Regardless of which one you start with, you can track changes in the same model in the different applications using the synchronization feature. How cool is that?
The technology preview ends on Saturday — October 31, 2015. When a technology preview ends, one of three things can happen:
- Graduation — take the next step towards production (e.g., beta, product release)
- Retirement — not necessarily dead (could come back later in another form)
- Extend — conduct another technology preview (in essence, additional time)
Based on the feedback received during this technology preview from the Autodesk Labs community, the Robot-AdvanceSteel Link will graduate to the Autodesk App Center. The plan is to have this available on November 1, 2015. So on Sunday, Autodesk Subscription customers will be able to get the technology from the App Center:
Thanks to everyone who participated in the technology preview. Your feedback shapes the future of our technology.
Graduation ceremonies are alive in the lab.