Source: The ANIMATORIUM (Oblio and his dog Arrow)
Project Arro is our ongoing tech preview program for capabilities under development for SimStudio. It is confidential and invitation-only. The goal is to engage with customers so we can incorporate feedback as the product is developed. Phase 1 was focused on geometry capabilities.
- A = Analyze geometry
- R = Repair problems
- R = Remove unnecessary features
- O = Optimize designs
Phase 2 introduces simulation capabilities with Nastran.
- Project Arro is a program focused on our Autodesk Simulation user community. The intent is to help our teams closely engage with participants so we can all learn about the needs of our users and better understand how we can best address them.
- This tech preview installation is independent from the commercially available SimStudio Tools 2016 installation. The two can sit side-by-side.
- Participants need an Autodesk ID with Simulation Mechanical Flex, CFD Flex, or Moldflow Flex entitlements to use the tech preview.
The current release runs through October 16, 2015. The team provided me with an updated build that I placed on the Autodesk Labs site. Based on technology preview feedback, the top 5 changes in the latest build include:
- Ability to apply loads and constraints to vertices
- Ability to define loads and constraints within multiple Load Cases for Topology Optimization
- Ability to control certain settings for an Explicit Solve
- Updated results legend layout
- Ability to export a Nastran file (*.nas)
If you would like to request participation:
Me and my Arro are alive in the lab.