- I can run an analysis on my generated design.
- I can generate a design for my analysis software.
Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis is our free technology preview that allows designers and engineers to drive Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis from Dynamo. Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis helps designers to create parametric and complex structural frames models in Dynamo, submit it to Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis for simulation and review the results returned from the analysis.
On Thursday of last week, I updated the Autodesk Labs project to link to a new build of the plug-in in the Dynamo Package Manager repository. The existing features include:
- Create nodes and bars in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis
- Assign cross section and material to bars
- Define nodes as support
- Run calculations on the Dynamo model
- Get internal forces, displacement, and stress for bars
- Get reaction for support nodes
- Define load cases
- Apply self-weight, point loads, and uniform loads to nodes and bars
Design, Lifecycle, and Simulation Software Architect, Emmanuel Weyermann let me know that this new build changes the following:
- Support for Dynamo API changes
- Added icons consistent with new Dynamo visual design
- Add new nodes to assign attributes to element by list to improve performance
- Fixed minor bugs
- Extended technology preview to July 31, 2015
Dynamo is free. The Structural Analysis for Dynamo package is free. All you need to participate in the technology preview is Robot Structural Analysis 2015. So please play with this technology preview and share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the discussion forum associated with the technology preview.
Extended dynamic analysis is alive in the lab.