- I can run an analysis on my generated design.
- I can generate a design for my analysis software.
Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis is our free technology preview that allows designers and engineers to drive Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis from Dynamo. Dynamo Plug-in for Robot Structural Analysis helps designers to create parametric and complex structural frames models in Dynamo, submit it to Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis for simulation and review the results returned from the analysis.
On Thursday of last week, I updated the Autodesk Labs project to link to a new build of the plug-in. In addition to the existing features of:
- Create nodes and bars in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis
- Assign cross section and material to bars
- Define nodes as support
- Run calculations on the Dynamo model
- Get internal forces, displacement, and stress for bars
- Get reaction for support nodes
with this new build, you can now also:
- Define load cases
- Apply self-weight, point loads, and uniform loads to nodes and bars
Thanks to Design, Lifecycle, and Simulation Software Architect, Emmanuel Weyermann, for the info.
Dynamo is free. The Structural Analysis for Dynamo package is free. All you need to participate in the technology preview is Robot Structural Analysis 2015. If you don't have this, you can obtain a free trial. As such, there's no excuse for not giving this a try. So please play with this technology preview and share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the discussion forum associated with the technology preview.
Improvement of dynamic analysis is alive in the lab.