Project Memento is our free technology preview available on Autodesk Labs that provides a state of the art toolset that visualizes huge meshes from laser scans, photos, or any modeling application. It also automatically analyzes meshes for errors and allows users to easily fix them for digital use or fabrication.
On Thursday of last week, the team provided me with a new build. Tatjana Dzambazova is the Product Manager and champion of Project Memento. Tatjana documented what was in this new build.
What's NEW in the January update of Project Memento
Build 188.8.131.52Correction for '0% stuck projects' bug:
- We worked very hard to identify the reasons for this problem that persisted since the holidays. We believe to have found the root of the issue and that it is fixed; however, if you still experience the problem, please let us know as soon as possible.
Improved Photo processing:
- Robust file uploader and reconstruction — stabile, faster
- Parallel reconstructions — multiple reconstructions can be launched and can run in parallel, no need to wait for a previous reconstruction
- Create a 3D model from photos already posted on A360 — when creating a Photo model, you can now reach to your 360.autodesk.com storage account and select from photos that you have already posted there. This is also useful when selecting different combinations of photos from a bigger pool of photos to test different quality results.
Improved Photo management:
- Quick preview of selected photos when loading photos from hard drive or A360
- Warning when extending 250 photo limit: you will get on screen warning when you select more than 250 photos for a single reconstruction (that is our current limitation that will, by the way, soon be removed)
- Review photos: you now have the ability to review the photos you loaded, deselect from the current selection, or delete entirely from your A360/hard drive
- Add photos to a selection: when selecting a folder on A360 or from your hard drive, you can, after selecting those photos add additional photos to that selection, using the + sign. Note that the photos that can be selected to be added to the previous selection must be on the hard drive.
Improved editing Tools:
- Slice tool — visual clarity added by highlighting the slice edge on the mesh
- If by any chance you close Project Memento during the initial photo upload process, it kills the upload and quits without any warning.
So try out the new build and let us know what you think. You can reach us at [email protected] or by posting in the forum associated with the project.
Meshing around is alive in the lab.