Project Ventus for Simulation CFD is a surface wrapping tool that is meant to take a model, surface wrap it, add an external volume, and generate a CFD quality mesh that can then be imported to Simulation CFD. The intent is to easily generate a mesh for CAD models that might otherwise be difficult or impossible to mesh for CFD simulations without extensive CAD cleanup. The tech preview is intended for external flow analysis or wind tunnel type models.
An update of the technology preview was posted yesterday. Software Architect, Harry Timtschenko, provided a summary of the changes. The team is happy to report that all of the features requested by Project Ventus users have been implemented, and no new issues have been reported by QA. Here is a summary of the changes:
- Bounds manipulation or by value
- Orientation manipulation or by value
- Measure “closest distance” to boundary, in-canvas dimensions
- The model can now intersect the bounding box (most requested feature)
- The surface mesh sizing based on curvature and proximity has been improved
- Volume regions can be suppressed so that they do not appear in the exported volume mesh
Thanks for your feedback and support that has allowed the team to address the issues found in the original preview.
We are eager to here from Simulation CFD 2014/2015 and SimCFD 360 users. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the discussion forum on the Autodesk Labs project.
Amelioration is alive the lab.