I have been tracking my own savings with my energy conversation measures. Without these measures, it would be like burning money.
Project ECMFin is our free technology preview that allows you to conduct financial analyses on desired energy conservation measures (or ECMs). Project ECMFin lets you compare scenarios across financial metrics such as Net Present value, payback period, internal rate of return, return on investment, and many others, thereby allowing you to create a business case for your retrofit measures.
The workflow is basically:
- Upon login, the user is taken to the main page that has the following sections:
- The Dashboard shows important financial metrics and a cash flow chart based on three sets of inputs — Financial Information, Energy Information, and Project Information. The user may either enter this data manually or import the information from her Green Building Studio project. The user can also import values from an excel file instead (under development).
- The Assumptions tab is an optional tab that allows users to modify numerous other details that are used for financial calculations.
- In the Scenarios section, the user is able to save the current scenario as well as compare previously saved scenarios (under development). The scenario comparisons can be exported to a PDF report for easy access and sharing (under development).
- Under Financial Metrics, the user can view Sensitivity Analyses by clicking "View Sensitivity" link. This brings up a sensitivity chart that is based on varying some key inputs (like discount rate, incremental investment, utility rates) by +/- 20%.
You too can join this project and share your feedback:
Money management is alive in the lab.