This week is fleet week in San Francisco. Autodesk has been heavily involved as documented on the In the Fold blog.
I am attending 3 events:
- Thursday night reception for the USS America crew in the Autodesk Gallery
- Friday night cocktail reception aboard the USS America
- Saturday morning commissioning of the USS America
Sometimes being an Autodesk Gallery Ambassador has its perks.
A ship has a few auspicious occasions:
- Launch - when it hits the water for the first time
- Christening - when it is named
- Commissioning - when it is accepted by the commander and is ready for duty
I am proud that my Corporate Strategy & Engagement teammates, Evan Atherton and Heather Kerrick, imagined, designed, and created a memento to present to the crew at last night's event.
Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Fusion 360, laser engraving, and 3D printing at our Pier 9 office were put to good use. The 3D model of the USS America took 12 hours to print and 16 hours to meticulously clean up.
For those about to sail, we salute you. Evan posted a photo on his Facebook page:
Honor and respect are alive in the lab.