Tatjana Dzambazova at a recent TED talk
Project Memento is our technology preview of an end-to-end solution for converting any reality capture input, such as photos or scans, into a high quality 3D mesh that can be cleaned up, fixed, and optimized for further digital use or for fabrication. Project Memento makes this possible in a fun, clean, modern way. The other day I got a new build from Product Manager for Reality Solutions, Tatjana Dzambazova. Tatjana described what was in the new build:
Tatjana Dzambazova wrote:
We just posted a new build of Project Memento, build 126.96.36.199.
This build includes these improvements:
- We added ’Ultra’ quality for the photo to mesh reconstruction***
- "Smart Texture" option in the photo-to-mesh reconstruction***
- RCP Export
- Export: Polygon count is now reported in the export dialog
- Export: Decimation control (0-99%) appears in the export dialog
- Other minor fixes and general stability
***Both Ultra quality mode as well as Smart Textures are available at no charge in Project Memento given that the technology is still a Labs preview.
If you would like to set started with Project Memento, you can visit Autodesk Labs.
Mesh correction continues to be alive in the lab.