Many of you recall the River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D / AutoCAD Map 3D when it was a technology preview on Autodesk Labs. It has since graduated to become Autodesk River and Flood Analysis that is available to Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite — Ultimate subscribers.
Prior to becoming a technology preview, the technology was available in a product called RiverCAD. Of course, the technology originated at the University of California at Davis via the Hydraulic Engineering Center River Analysis System.
We got a question the other day:
- We recently acquired River and Flood Analysis.
- Previously we used RiverCAD 2008 and consequently we have almost 6 years of RiverCAD files.
- Can we import these files with the latest River and Flood Analysis?
Senior Product Manager for Civil Products, Dave Simeone, provided an answer:
- There is no support for migrating legacy RiverCAD drawing.
- The best method would be to use the HEC-RAS Export from the old RiverCAD and use HEC-RAS Import in River and Flood Analysis.
- In addition, DWG files used in RiverCAD are accessible to Autodesk River and Flood Analysis as this is AutoCAD-based (AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD Map 3D) tool.
So if you have a bunch of RMS files lying around, it looks like export/import is the way to go. Thanks Dave.
Data flow is alive in the lab.