I know many of you go to AU to attend hands-on classes where you learn about using our design applications and web services more effectively. I get that. But while you are at AU, you have an opportunity to also broaden your horizons about design and think about how you can perhaps do things differently that may have a bigger return on your investment than the latest tip or trick for using our applications and web services.
So I encourage you to sign up for the innovation forums. We have plenty of room.
3603 - Innovation Forum: Design and Construction—Transformed
- Tuesday, December 2, 2013, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Technology is transforming the way we design and construct everything, from buildings to cities and the infrastructure that connects them together. The rise of reality capture, cloud computing, gamification, and social and mobile platforms as well as building information modeling is dramatically extending how the AEC industry creates value. But product and service advances are by themselves not enough. To drive innovative projects, we need to move from designing objects to designing complete systems. Join leading industry innovators as they demonstrate the power of collaborative, integrated, holistic design and construction.
- Host: Tom Wujec, Autodesk Fellow
- Possible participants:
- FACIT HOMES UK
- DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- HNTB ARCHITECTS
- ELECTRONIC ARTS SIMCITY
- CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
3604 - Innovation Forum: The New Industrial Revolution
- Wednesday, December 3, 2013, , 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Manufacturing matters. Today, advances in technology are transforming the way we make things. Promising new technologies, such as additive 3D printing and advanced robotic automation, have the potential to change how objects are fabricated and assembled. New open and crowdsource platforms are transforming the tools and workflows of manufacturing. Intelligent materials enable manufacturers to create products with fantastic new properties. The New Industrial Revolution Innovation Forum brings together trailblazing innovators who are changing the way we manufacture. They distill the real practices from the public-relations hype, show what is immediately available and what is over the horizon, and describe how businesses, both large and small, can take advantage of the emerging revolution.
- Host: Jen McCabe, Hardware Sorceress, Downtown Project, Vegas Tech Fund
- Possible participants:
- TECH SHOP
I look forward to seeing you there.
Thinking big is alive in the lab.