On Thursday, March 7, 6-10 p.m., the Autodesk Gallery will host Design Night: Illumination, where we will explore how artists and designers are using light to enhance our lives, from the very practical to the stunningly beautiful. From solar power technology and programmable LEDs to mind-blowing light art, there’s a lot more to light than meets the eye. So bring your sunny disposition to Design Night and experience:
- A talk by internationally renowned artist, Leo Villareal, designer of the Bay Lights that willl adorn the Bay Bridge
- A retro, jumbo light sculpture
- An insane infinity booth
- Glow-in-the-dark alcoholic drinks (non-radioactive, I promise)
- A light show created by people holding hands and low voltage (no electrocution, I promise)
- Light painting
Registration is required and ticket pricing is as follows:
- Advance Tickets: $20 General / $15 Autodesk Employees / $10 Students
- Day of Event Tickets: $25 General / $20 Autodesk Employees / $15 Students
To register for the event, please visit the event registration site.
Admission fees include admission to the presentation, as well as an open bar, food, music, and hands-on activities. Tickets are limited and may sell out in advance, so be sure to get your ticket early. The February Design Night did indeed sell out.
Light is alive in the lab.