Design Night is a new events program at the Autodesk Gallery. At each event, guests explore a different theme – such as biomimicry, light, or robotics – that challenges the conventionally narrow definition of design. The theme is reflected in all aspects of the event, from the activities guests enjoy to the food they eat to the music they hear. The result is a fun and fascinating venue for exploration, networking, and the exchange of ideas.
On Thursday, December 6, 6-10 p.m., the Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco will host our fourth Design Night: Leaps and Bounds, where we will explore how exponential technology is making a big impact on the world’s greatest challenges.
The future isn't now. It was yesterday. Technology is changing exponentially and has the power to solve some of the world's most pressing problems. But what is exponential growth? Well, for example, the 100 years of the 21st century will not provide 100 years of technological progress. It'll be more like 10,000 years. Yeah, we're moving at ludicrous speed now, so hang on and don't blink. There's even exponential growth in the rate of exponential growth. Head hurt? Don't worry, come to Design Night and we'll make it all better with:
- Instructables robots - Yes, exponential technology means robots are getting brainier every day
- DIY sculpture - Exponential self-assembly required
- Featured speaker Salim Ismail - Global ambassador and founding executive director of Singularity University
Also enjoy an open bar, food, activities, and much, much more so...um...hurry! Registration is required and ticket pricing is as follows:
- Advanced Tickets: $20 General / $15 Autodesk Employees / $10 Students
- Day of Event Tickets: $25 General / $20 Autodesk Employees / $15 Students
To attend the event:
- Visit the event registration site.
- Click Register.
- Fill out the form.
Admission fees include admission to the presentation, as well as an open bar, food, music, and hands-on activities.
Fun is alive in the lab.