Project Artoo is our free technology preview for AutoCAD Map 3D that helps you perform geometry cleanup operations on geospatial data stores to improve the quality and accuracy of your geospatial data. The cleanup tools let you correct common errors that can be introduced during digitizing, importing, surveying, scanning, and drafting. You can do this on FDO-connected data stores, including SDF, SQLite, Esri SHP, and geodatabase files, as well as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. How cool is that?
When launched on May 31, the technology preview and read me were only available in English. It has since been translated to 12 other languages. So now the process for getting started is:
- Ensure that you have AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 installed.
- Click Download Now on the Autodesk Labs Project Artoo site to download the Geospatial Clean Up utility.
- Review the read me for Known Issues. The read me is available in 13 languages.
- Based on your desired language and platform (32-bit or 64-bit), unzip the installer from ProjectArtoo.zip file to your local drive.
- Run the executable and follow the onscreen instructions.
- In AutoCAD Map 3D, type mapgisclean at the command prompt to invoke the Geospatial Clean Up wizard.
So get started now and let us know what you think about this technology preview at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Localization is alive in the lab.