The Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) Plugin of the Month program is intended to:
- Introduce everyday users to programming.
- Encourage would-be programmers to get started.
- Provide generic functionality that can be customized to meet specific needs with a little bit of programming.
- Demonstrate how easy it is to extend Autodesk design application functionality.
Along with these lofty goals, sometimes users just want to download and use these free plugins as they are. They can all be found on the catalog page:
Knowing this, often the developers make updates in response to customer feedback. In this case, the CloneFolder capability of HierarchyClone for Inventor plugin was recently updated. The changes include:
- A grid shows the referenced files and provides the ability of editing the names of the files.
- Support for Russian and Chinese languages.
- The New File Name column has a right-click Replace menu that allows a find and replace on the file names.
- The Sync Part Number column is added to the grid to check off whether or not to change the Part Number to match the new file name.
- The interface is resizable.
- The help button (on left-bottom corner) opens the help document.
- A splash screen is added to show when CloneFolder starts.
- The Active Project feature allows selection of which project to open.
Plugin of the Month developers do aim to please! The updated version is available for download from the Catalog page under the Inventor section.
Improved cloning is alive in the lab.