The Bridge Modeler for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 is a technology preview intended get feedback on what bridge modeling capabilities are needed in AutoCAD Civil 3D and in Autodesk Revit Structure? I posted a new update to the Autodesk Labs site that upgrades the technology preview to be compatible with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012.
This technology preview debuted in November 2009 and has been updated a few times. This latest update includes some exciting changes that Senior Product Manager, Dave Simeone, was keen on sharing with me. He noted that those of you who have been using the 2011 version of the technology preview will find that the Bridge Modeler for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 has the following improvements:
- Variable height girders (steel girder type)
- Independent control over girder type by span
- Independent control over girder spacing, symmetry, number, etc. by bridge span
- Ability to create Civil 3D alignments and profiles from bridge strings (e.g., lowest girder per span, top/bottom of barrier, etc.)
- Resolution of miscellaneous stability issues
Roadwork is alive in the lab.