I work on the fourth floor of our office at One Market Street in San Francisco. Technical Evangelist, Brian Pene, is a cool guy. He works on the second floor. The Gallery at One Market is also located on the second floor. Coincidence? Not a chance.
(I can see it now:
- Brian Pene works on the second floor.
- Brian Pene is a cool guy.
- Autodesk Gallery Curator, Jason Medal-Katz, works on the second floor.
- Therefore Jason Medal-Katz...
Oh my gosh, what have I done? I kid. I kid.)
Brian recently shared some information about a new exhibit he helped create for our gallery.
With more than 2,000 employees and offices throughout the People’s Republic of China, China Construction Design International (CCDI) is one of Asia’s leading multi-disciplinary design firms. Established in 1994, CCDI has delivered comprehensive, fully integrated architectural, engineering, and construction solutions on some of the most high-profile projects in the world. One of CCDI's most recent projects is the international cruise terminal at the Dongjiang Port Zone in Tianjin, the sixth largest urban area in China. Using Revit-based software, CCDI was able to complete initial modeling for the following critical systems in nine days. CCDI graciously shared their Building Information Model with us for use in our Autodesk Gallery at One Market.
- Autodesk Revit // more
- Autodesk Navisworks // more
- Autodesk Ecotect Analysis // more
- Mixed Reality Interface Projection // more
- Mixed Reality Interface Tabletop // more
What visitors can do:
- Navigate a 3D space with simple to move chess-like pieces.
- Experience quick interaction in a 3D environment.
- Conduct interactive walk-throughs (e.g., can a wheelchair fit through this doorway?)
- Apply clash detection to identify problem areas (e.g., duct work and structural support elements in the exact same place)
- Simulate construction over time via 4D interactive timeline playback (e.g. how much is in place on the 37th day of the project?)
- Isolate disciplines and saved views (e.g., just show me the structural elements)
Enough reading about it, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a movie is worth 240,000. Check out the movie.
The gallery at One Market is open to the public on Wednesdays from 12 pm to 5 pm, and admission is free. Visit us.
Experiencing something before it is real is alive in the lab.