While on vacation at the Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I got an updated RoomRenumbering for Revit ADN Plugin of the Month. On Wednesday (March 9) I posted it to the Autodesk Labs site. Upon my return to work on Thursday (March 10), I even posted another update. With these fast and frequent updates, the ADN team are regular riders of the storm.
As with all plugin of the month updates, the read me identifies what has changed between versions. Based on your feedback, this update includes:
- Added support for door renumbering
- Added support for the form to adjust to Windows Display and DPI settings
- Form is not topmost anymore, that is, it does not cover other applications' windows
- Added "Zero padding" option to the assigned number, e.g. 009 instead of 9.
- Added support for windows and spaces
- Restructured the code (source included in the download) to make it much easier to add support for other object types
With this March 10 update, this plugin can be used to renumber or re-assign the "Number" properties of rooms or "Mark" property of doors in the order that the user selects while avoiding duplicated assignments. The command allows the user to specify the starting number with the option of the prefix and suffix added.
So give the plugin a whirl and try to set the night on fire and let us know if you don't love it madly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plugin evolution is alive in the lab.