Yesterday I posted an updated installer for the Point Cloud Tool for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design.
Based on your feedback to email@example.com, this update fixes the following issues:
- Reloading a saved .max file with a point cloud does not refresh/load the source cloud data. The user has to manually reload the ptsb file on each file open.
- Render LOD -> Custom LOD does not work. It will always render at Level of Detail setting.
- Render with Additive Volume results in mental ray warnings and errors, but render will still complete.
- When Use Display Volumes is unchecked, point clouds will still render with assigned Volumes.
- After multiple Display Volumes are deleted, point clouds will occasionally still render with previously assigned volumes.
- Render Color -> Use Display Color doesn’t work.
In addition, the following changes are part of this update.
- Animated parameters are not respected by the renderer when rendering frame sequences. It will use the last value found in the UI. All properties were made non-animatable except LOD.
- Color Leaves do not seem to work. This is no longer supported. Color Leaves have been removed from the UI.
- PTS to PTSB Converter Utility, Batch functionality not supported by BackBurner 2011. This too is no longer supported. It has been removed from the UI.
- PTS to PTSB Converter Utility, Batch functionality does not work for on a Vista nor Windows7 machine. "Process cannot be added to job group" error prevents successful job completion. This is no longer supported. It has been removed from the UI.
Improving our technology based on your feedback is alive in the lab.