At one time I was the Software Development Manager for Buzzsaw,so I find collaboration in the construction industry very exciting. So I am happy to report that a team in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction division has been thinking about how their customers collaborate on design problems. They have started building Project Bluestreak -- a web-based collaboration environment for accelerating building information modeling through the open exchange of design information and ideas between desktop applications, web-based services, and people. How cool is that?
The basic building blocks needed to collaborate with your team -- user profiles, self organized private groups, file sharing, activity streams, notifications and comments -- are available on Autodesk Labs now for your testing and feedback. The team has decided that the best way to build a collaboration environment is to do it collaboratively! So they are asking you to get involved:
They say there's no "I" in team, but it's also true that there's no "U" in apathy. So "you" should get involved. To get started and help build the next generation of AEC collaboration:
- Navigate to the Project Bluestreak page on the Autodesk Labs site.
- Click on the Try It Now image.
- Click on Sign Up icon to create your account and a project group, and try it out!
- Use the “Feedback” button within the application to give us your feedback and discuss the application with other members of the Bluestreak user community.
- In addition, you can always send comments to email@example.com.
With this initial release, you can:
- Create and join project groups
- Communicate with your project group members
- Share project designs and documents
- Quickly respond to project activities
More incremental releases will come Alive in the Lab as more features are developed, and your feedback is incorporated.
Social networking in the AEC world is alive in the lab.