Project Scandium for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight is our free technology preview that extends simulation capabilities by offering new capabilities to try out and provide feedback The Project Scandium technology preview is free, but requires Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2015 product keys, serial numbers and licenses to install and run. The technology expires on January 5, 2015.
There are various flavors of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow: Standard, Premium, and Ultimate. As mentioned, to participate in Project Scandium, you need to have a valid license of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow. Furthermore, the amount of new functionality available via Project Scandium depends on what type of Moldflow Insight license you have. Though there is only one installer, based on your license, here is a summary of what you can try with the technology preview:
- Extended functionality for Moldflow as a baseline.
- Project Scandium functionality found in Standard.
- Extended functionality for cystalization, cooling, conformal cooling, transient mold cooling or heating, radpid temperature cycling, warpage, fiber optimization, core shift, wire sweep, paddle shift, microchip encapsulation, underfill encapsulation, coolant materials, and mold materials.
- Project Scandium functionality found in Premium.
- Extended functionality for gas-assisted injection molding, injection-compression molding, compression molding, co-injection molding, bi-injection molding, MuCell, birefringence, and CODE V (birefringence).
So regardless of which flavor of Moldflow Insight you have, you can try Project Scandium and help shape the future of our simulation technology. You can join the project by clicking on the image at the top of this post.
Flavoring is alive in the lab.